Tuesday 4 September 2012

Clements Ribeiro take 2

So today the Clements Ribeiro range went into Evans stores, i was lucky enough to be on a early shift at work today so my lovely hubby was kind enough to take me to the store to try on. I'm sure i have said this before but the staff at Evans meadowhall are the best bunch of ladies ever! They are so friendly,happy to see you and ready to see you strut your stuff in the changing rooms. I think nice staff in shops is important, they honestly make me feel like you've gone into a friends shop.
I would like to apologise for my messy hair it was straight from work and i was a little flustered.
So onto the pretties…
Firstly i tried on lace grace £95

IMG_3342

This dress is a size 22 i found the fit good but i did have to squeeze the skirt part over my bum ( i do however have a pretty sizeable booty so i don't think everyone will find this). Out of everything i tried on this was my least favourite but it's still a great dress. There are lots of different textures and its a very well made and well fitting but not really colourful enough for me.

Next is wisteria 21 £75

IMG_3332

This is a size 22 and maybe a little small over the tummy area. I really love the print of this dress and it was one of my favourites but i think i would size up to a 24. The material was very silky and soft and i love the lace details.

Next up mimosa print trousers £45 and top £45

IMG_3344

I wore the top tucked into the bottom as i'd seen Bethany rock on her blog. I really love this the print i great and the jersey fabric is so light weight, i tried the top in a 18 and the bottoms in a 20. I really wanted to buy these but i decided on the next two dress instead. I think I'm mourning the top and trousers as i type!

Next up celia £75

IMG_3336

This is a 22 and fits perfectly I'm so in love with the print and the lace cutouts on the shoulders are just perfect. The length on me is fab and can be worn with or without tight without me worrying about flashing. I have so much love for this dress.

Last but not least betty £75

IMG_3339

Again i tried this on in a 22. The dress is lined and feels quite thick which is perfect for the winter. I was drawn to this dress because of the gorgeous print and colours, i can see me getting lots of wear out of this.

So that was my after work adventure, i had intended just to go in to try on but i folded and my lovely hubby bought the two dresses for me he's the best!
Have you got anything from the collection yet or tried any pieces on ?
XOXO

16 comments:

  1. Wow, every single item looks amazing on you! But I think my favourite is the Betty as it fits beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) its my fav too I think with the other coming a close second xx

      Delete
  2. I love the Lace Grace and Celia dresses.Might have to work a few extra shifts to buy them though.The all look fab on you,Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both lovely the lace one just wasn't me. My mr has a store card that's how he got them without that I wouldn't have been able to afford them :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. You look great in all of the clothes you tried on. For me though, the Clements Ribeiro collection just doesn't float my boat I think there's something wrong with me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it not going to be everyone's cup of tea but that's good I think because then not everyone has it xx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the last two dresses, the ones you bought. They look amazing on you. And what a good hubby treating you to expensive frocks! Never let him go! Haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were my favs too :) thank you i am a lucky lady ! I just need those trousers and top to go into the sale xx

      Delete
  5. You look fab :) I really love the Mimosa trousers, it has been really tempting to buy some of the new collection but I know I can't afford it so I should stay away really.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) they were so comfy like you aren't even wearing any! The trousers are £45 I don't think that's too bad but maybe wait for a discount day xx

      Delete
    2. I've just been emailed a 15% discount code from Evans but I need to pay off what is already on my store card before I start buying anything else. My Evans basket is currently at £160, so I could do with them having a sale on it at the end of the month :)
      x

      Delete
  6. I'm in lust with the cardigans but can't justify £65 for a cardigan!

    I think my favourite is the Celia, but seeing that it is made out of 'polyester' always puts me off :(

    I might have to have a trek out to the Metro Centre store to see what the fuss is about!!

    K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too they didnt have them in store so that's why there's no pics :( it actually feels really nice it has like a mesh top layer. It's worth a look just to see how you feel about the prices xx

      Delete
  7. Great to see some of the pieces worn by an actual plus size woman. :)
    I think the first and the last dress look best on you!
    I had a simliar problem with the first Swan range, too tight at the belly/bum, perfect fit at the waist and too big at the boobs. :/

    I'd love to buy something from the range, but it's too expensive for me at the moment. Maybe I can buy something in the sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I thought it was good to go and have a try on I love to see clothes on a real plus size it helps to see the lumps and bumps :) I got 2 dresses but waiting for the sale for the rest xx

      Delete
  8. You look fabulous in them all. Celia is superb on you and I've been in love with Betty since I first laid eyes on it, that pansy print is just adorable. I found the 21 dress last time was one of the least generous in sizing too, although I still managed to fit the boobies into a size down and it's a little big around the waist and hips on me. You totally pull off the top/trou as a jumpsuit look and I still love the grace lace, but the hefty £95 is outwith my budget (wait for it to be reduced I reckon).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.