Monday 4 March 2013

Modern 60's

I was contacted recently by the lovely Fleur, who works for Most Wanted the lifestyle magazine for VoucherCodes.co.uk, and asked if i wanted to take part in a "how to wear" challenge. I couldn't wait to get involved and was given the theme of modern 60's. Now as I'm sure you know I'm more of a 50's girl but it was great excuse to challenge myself.
We were given a budget of £80 and asked if we could find 3 items or more to show or interpretation of the trend. I couldn't wait to get started and decided the first thing to do would be to do a bit of a google search to get some inspiration.
It didn't let me down and here are the 3 items i chose, i added items that i already owned too to complete the outfits.
First up i went for this dress from Asos curve, the shift style of the dress and bell sleeves made me instantly think 60's. I got the dress in a size 24 and it was £21, is made from a nice thick stretch and is almost a grey/green colour although in pictures it looks more grey.

P1013757

I wore this with white lace tights and flower ring from Primark and Irregular Choice heels.

Next up i decided to go with a more casual look but took inspiration from the collars that i had seen during my google search. I really liked the print of this tunic from Simply Be and i thought the crochet collar was so cute. I ordered this in a size 22, it has room so you might want to size down depending on the fit you want. This was £15.99 plus p&p and i did find a voucher code for a free polkadot umbrella so I'm prepared for those April showers!

P1013771


P1013765


P1013770

I wore the tunic with my Tesco leggings and Primark flats.

The last thing i bought was this gorgeous bright spot print dress from Lovedrobe. I had seen lots of bright prints and patterns so i decided my last piece should use this as inspiration. I ordered the dress in a 24 as i wanted less fitted look and its perfect. The dress was £40 plus p&p but first time orders get 10% off with code FIRST10 so that covered the p&p for me.


P1013780


P1013775


P1013778
I can't have a outfit post without a crazy face!

I wore this dress with Primark earrings and tights and Irregular Choice heels.
My total came in at £79.49 and i can't believe what great pieces i got for that. Thank you again to VoucherCodes.co.uk for letting me get involved it was so much fun and i have 3 great items that I'm sure I'll wear again and again. Maybe the 60's is my era after all!

What do you think to my 60's looks?
XOXO

28 comments:

  1. Oh what a great challenge, I love the squirrel print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it's so cute isn't it?! I really enjoyed it it was so much fun xx

      Delete
  2. Great looks, but I love your last dress and those shoes are so funny. Love it.

    XX,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dress too it's even more beautiful in real life! Those shoes look crazy but they are so comfy xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a very fun challenge! Loving the dress choices! The last one is my fav! you look stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 the squirrel print but i cant find it on the website :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the 'this' in the first sentence about the tunic it takes you to the site however it was in the sale so not sure how many are left xx

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll put the link in a comment xx

      Delete
  5. They are all great but i love the last dress best! Although the squirrel print is super cute!!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) me too ! I know it's so cute I thought I'd add a bit of casual into the mix xx

      Delete
  6. Fabulous! My favourite is the last look, so fun and funky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) it my fav too the colours are so bright and vibrant xx

      Delete
  7. Oh I have to have that last dress, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovedrobe have some amazing bits on right now and a good sale too xx

      Delete
  8. The last dress is fabulous! It looks marvellous. I love IC shoes but I can't wear them. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) those are really comfy I have quite a few pairs tbh but I can't walk very far in them xx

      Delete
  9. Love love love the squirrel print tunic and the polka dot dress! You look gorgeous in all three outfits, but especially in that amazing polka dot dress. I love all the colours, the sleeves, and the shape of it. Think it looks fabulous with those pretty blue heels! Good choices hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) that dress is amazing honestly it's so pretty and even more colourful irl. Thank you lovely xx

      Delete
  10. That tunic is amazing!! You are absolutely gorgeous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous in that dress.

    I just wanted to say that I love your site, have joined it and have nominated you for The Liebster Award to do with what you wish.

    http://www.hautecurvywoman.com/7/post/2013/03/the-liebster-award.html

    All my best,
    Tovah

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite is the last look; the dress is so pretty and the shoes are to die for.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are one of my favourite pairs of shoes :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.