Saturday 1 February 2014

Marisota Dressolutions

I was contacted recently by Marisota who invited me to be part of their dressolutions challenge. I was given a budget and the challenge to push myself into different styles and try out some pieces that i would never pick before in an attempt to shake up my wardrobe. I chose 3 items two tops and a skirt as i never really wear skirts and i think i only have 3 in my wardrobe which compared to a hundred dresses is a tiny percentage of my wardrobe.
Here is how i styled the items up, firstly this gorgeous cats eye glasses print tshirt. I had got this with the intention to put it with the skirt i was sent but it looked much cuter with these shorts.

P1255304

P1255301

 I love the relaxed look of this top and the print is so cute! I was sent a 22 which was a great fit for me, there is a bit of room too which is always good. This is a more relaxed look and one that would be perfect for summer.
Next up i was sent this leopard print blouse in a size 24, i picked this as i don't own a single blouse. I would advise to size up in this, due to the silky material there isn't much room for stretch. I really love this shirt and the pink really pops from the leopard print. There is also really cute detail to the shoulder.

P1255275


P1255266


P1255272

I decided to pair this with the skirt i was sent as i wanted to try clashing prints as it isn't something i do that often. I really love this top, it is really versatile i can see it with shorts, jeans and the other skirts that i own too. 
Lastly is the spotted mesh prom skirt, as i don't have many in my wardrobe i thought i would give this a go and I'm really glad that i did. I was sent a 22 which fits great for me and the elasticated waist means it would fit at least 1 maybe 2 sizes bigger.

P1255281


P1255278

I actually wore this over the body con dress i posted on Wednesday and i really love how it looks. Its a lovely skirt and it has so much volume to it, it was made to be twirled in!
A big thank you to Marisota for giving me that chance to try something new and these dressolutions are definitely winners for me! 
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Oh my God, that skirt is amazing! You look gorgeous in that skirt and I love both looks. The leopard print goes well with it. Really love the glasses tee as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous isn't it ?! I might try the glasses top with it again and see how I feel :) I love the blouse esp the bright pink in the leopard print xx

      Delete
  2. Love that skirt so much, of to see if they post to NZ without huge postage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the polka dot skirt! Polka dots are classic, and timeless in my opinion. It also has a vintage feel to it-fabulous!
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.