Wednesday 6 August 2014

BakerDays Letterbox Cake

I was contacted recently by BakerDays and asked if i would like to review one of their letterbox cakes, it took me all of about 5 seconds to accept! Anyone that knows me knows that i have the worlds biggest sweet tooth so i'd never turn down cake.
I went onto the site and chose the design that i wanted, i went for one of the ones already on the site however you can send in your own image for them to use too which i think is great and would make the cake even more special.


Obviously i went for the cat design which looked just as good on the cake as it had done on the website. My cake only took a few days to come and it was a lovely bit of post to come home to instead go bills or leaflets for kitchens!



As you can see i went for the chocolate as for me that was always going to be my number one choice but you can get plain or fruit sponge and they do gluten or dairy free cake too.  Me and the Mr both had a slice of the cake pretty much as soon as i opened it and we both really liked it. The Mr isn't really keen on icing but he said this one was really nice and not too thick.


I think these letterbox cakes are a really good idea and something a bit different to just sending flowers for a special occasion. The letter box cakes give you 3-4 portions according to the website but i cut the pieces quite small so we got about 3 each, which were the perfect size to go with a cup of tea. Inside the box comes your cake, in a really nice tin to stop it getting damaged in the post, balloons, candles and a party horn. Seeing those little extras in the box really made me smile it is a lovely extra touch.
You can order larger cakes and even cupcakes which come with a cake stand too. Thank you to BakerDays for sending me the cake it really was delicious I'll definitely be ordering again!
XOXO









1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! They'd be good for sending to friends and family who don't live nearby. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.