Wednesday 13 May 2015

You Beauty Box

My You Beauty discovery box landed on my doorstep last week after what seemed like forever, thanks to bank holiday post and my impatient nature! I was really excited for this one to come as i had picked some amazing products.
Mays shortlist of products was amazing I'm in not surprised most of it had sold out a few days later.

So onto my choices, the first pick for me was the Dr Organic snail gel. I had read about this before and was keen to try it but with a price tag of £20 for 50ml i wanted to try it before i splashed out. I was so happy to see this product in this months shortlist as soon as my box came it was the first thing i took out to try. The gel is clear and rubs into skin really easily, it left my face super soft and it wasn't greasy at all. If you are worried about the smell of the gel don't be it has a really refreshing lemon scent to it. This is a full size product at 50ml so the cost of your box is more than covered in this one item. Although £20 is expensive for cream i am really impressed with this and would consider buying this again.


My second choice was The Body Shop wild argan oil solid oil. I hadn't read anything about this product but i was keen to give it a try as it claims to work for skin and hair. I gave this a try on the dry skin on my elbows and it worked really well and its great for smoothing down stray hairs but i don't think it would be my go to product to use on my hair, i think i will continue to use it just for my skin.  I think this is a great product to have in your bathroom or to take on holiday with you. Again this is a full size product at 50g with an RRP of £8.


My subscription to You Beauty is £6.95 and my two choices this month total £28 which is incredible value, i know a few months ago i was unimpressed with the shortlisted products but since then You Beauty seem to have really stepped up their game!
Lastly are my extra treats which this month were, a sample of the Dr Organic snail gel which I'm giving to a work colleague so they can try it. A 20% off gift voucher for M&S beauty which I'll probably never use and a sample of Jimmy Choo Man, i have had this sample a few times before and the Mr loves it, so much so i bough him a bottle a few months ago.


What have you got in your subscription box this month?
XOXO




1 comment:

  1. I love the scent of the Argan Oil range. I had a body lotion of it in my advent calendar and it's lush. I might have to check out the solid oil once I've used up more of my stash, but I don't think I'd use it on my hair, either. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments you make I appreciate and read everyone of them.